Saturday, November 20, 2010

Thank you Kelly Rae Roberts



Kelly Book ~ Front & Back Cover
Although the book by Kelly Rae Roberts, "Taking Flight" was published in 2008, I believe it will be one of those timeless adventures. I found it to be a very giving book from an artist that is willing to share her love of creating. Here is the first of my new adventure, Book Art; I hope to do more.
HOW DID THEY DO THAT
Using a recycled book cover, front and back, I layered selected papers from Rosie's Art Carnival and local thrift store, which were attached with gel medium. Pink and red-orange acrylics were rolled on using a brayer and wiped off in certain areas with a damp paper towel; accent of brown acrylic was applied with fingers. Angel created using acrylics and pastel chalks with gold leaf applied to wings. Image and selected areas were outlined with charcoal pencil, a regular #2 pencil, and smoothed with fingers to soften edges.

No comments:

Post a Comment